Birthdays and Anniversaries:
Calendar of Events for Monday 19 February 2018:
- Friday 16 Feb through Today, 21st Annual Great Backyard Bird Count - 9am to 4pm at the Herbert H. Bateman Educational Center located on the Chincoteague National Wildlife Refuge. For more information visit www.fws.gov
- Today, Bingo at the Onancock Elks Lodge in Accomac. Doors open at 5:30, bingo starts at 7pm. Food served.
- Today, Washington's Birthday
- Today, Assateague Island Fee Free Day
- Tomorrow, Accomack - Northampton Region of the AACA monthly meeting 7:00pm at the Sage Restaurant in Onley. If you have a 1993 or older auto you might find interest in this meeting. We hope to see you and bring a friend.
- Tomorrow, American Red Cross Blood Drive - 11am to 3pm in the conference room at Riverside Shore Memorial Hospital in Onancock.
- Tomorrow, Bingo at Cheriton Volunteer Fire Company. Doors open at 6pm, games begin at 7:30pm.
- Wednesday 21 Feb, Bingo at the Painter Volunteer Fire Company. Doors open at 6:30pm, games begin at 7:30pm.
- Wednesday 21 Feb, Mexican Night - Authentic Mexican Food served from 5-8 pm at The Oyster Farm at Kings Creek. Grab a group and have some fun doing The Mexican Hat Dance, we will all applaud!
- Wednesday 21 Feb, Grace United Methodist Church, Parksley, VA is having their Wednesday night dinner serving oven fried chicken, gravy, mac-and-cheese, green beans and apple cobbler. New serving hours are from 5:30-7:00. Adults are $8.00, children 6-12 are $4.00 and under 6 are free. Everyone is welcome.
- Thursday 22 Feb, The Good News Club meets at 3:45 pm at Hollies Baptist Church, 17691 Hollies Church Road in Keller. This is a safe, fun, Christian educational program for children. Transportation is available from Pungoteague Elementary School. Parents are asked to pick their kids up from the church promptly at 5:15 pm.
- Friday 23 Feb, Texas Hold 'Em Poker at the Bloxom Volunteer Fire Company. Doors open at 6 PM and the game starts at 7 PM. 710-0408
- Friday 23 Feb, The Lowlanders performing at The Great Machipongo Clam Shack 6-8pm
- Friday 23 Feb, Chili Cook-off - 6pm to 8pm at Downings United Methodist Church in Oak Hall. Mild, Med, Blazing Hot. Cost $8 includes all-you-can-eat chili, dessert and beverage. Contact Amy at 757-710-2490 to enter your award-winning crockpot of chili, donate “finger” desserts (brownies, cookies, cupcakes) or to purchase tickets. Proceeds benefit Heart Haven
- Friday 23 Feb, Lemon Tree Gallery and Studio presents Happy Hour with Mike Lancke 6-8 PM. Listening to Mike is like taking a trip in the wayback machine. Gather with friends or make new ones! Everyone welcome. Complimentary refreshments/cash bar. 301 Mason Ave., Cape Charles, VA 23310 * 757-331-4327 * firstname.lastname@example.org * @lemontreecapecharles
- Friday 23 Feb, Baked Chicken Dinner at Oak Grove UMC, 30053 Seaside Road Melfa, 4:30-6:30 PM. $8, Baked chicken, mac and cheese, green beans, apples, rolls, dessert, and tea or coffee. Eat in or carry out. To place early orders or for questions, call 710-4920 or 787-1508. Thanks for supporting Oak Grove UMC.
- Saturday 24 Feb, Bingo at the Eastville Volunteer Fire Company Bingo Hall. Early birds start at 7 pm.
- Saturday 24 Feb, The Reasoners entertain at The Great Machipongo Clam Shack 6-8pm. View our website for menu and info www.thegreatmachipongoclamshack.com
- Saturday 24 Feb, Central Accomack Little League’s Annual Dinner and Auction at the Parksley Volunteer Fire Department. Doors open at 5:00 PM, dinner is served at 6:00 PM and the auction begins at 7:00 PM. Dinner includes pulled pork, baked beans, cole slaw, baked apples tea and or water. Adult beverages will be for sale. Space is limited to 125 tickets. Reserve your tickets by emailing Billy Justice at email@example.com.
- Saturday 24 Feb, Heritage Celebration - 10am to 3pm at ESCC in Melfa. Arts, crafts, woodworking, exhibits from local organizations, food, music, kids activities and more. Free admission.
- Saturday 24 Feb, February Freeze on the beach in Cape Charles - Take a dip in the bay for Habitat and help to build safe housing for those in need on the Shore. Register a team of your friends, your family, or your school or sign up to be an individual “dipper”, then sign up sponsors. Prizes will be awarded for most money raised in both individual and team categories. Registration at 11, dip at noon. See the website for details and registration forms. Proceeds benefit The Eastern Shore Habitat for Humanity
- Sunday 25 Feb, Lemon Tree Gallery and Studio presents Lemon Light:A Young Talent Share on the Gallery stage at 3 PM. We want to see your zest! Open to young talent ages 4-18. Call to sign up or for more details. 301 Mason Ave., Cape Charles, VA 23310 * 757-331-4327 * firstname.lastname@example.org * @lemontreecapecharles
- Tuesday 27 Feb, Eastern Shore Cruisers monthly meeting 7:00 pm at the Sage Restaurant in Onley. Car & Truck hobby fans stop by and bring a friend.
- Wednesday 28 Feb, Hack Your Brain Trivia with Eric Hack at 6:30 pm. at The Oyster Farm at Kings Creek. Have some fun, bring a group or go it alone, but you will have some good eats with our Trivia Specials!
- Wednesday 28 Feb, Grace United Methodist Church, Parksley, VA is having their Wednesday night dinner serving pot roast, potatoes, carrots, onions, peas, rolls and vanilla pudding. New serving hours are from 5:30-7:00. Adults are $8.00, children 6-12 are $4.00 and under 6 are free. Everyone is welcome.
- Friday 2 Mar, Texas Hold 'Em Poker at the Bloxom Volunteer Fire Company. Doors open at 6 PM and the game starts at 7 PM. 710-0408
- Friday 2 Mar, The Lowlanders entertain at The Great Machipongo Clam Shack 6-8pm
- Saturday 3 Mar, Texas Hold 'Em Poker in the American Legion Hall in Cheriton, 7 PM
- Saturday 3 Mar, Matt & Wayne Young with Bill LeCato on keyboard entertain at The Great Machipongo Clam Shack 6-8pm No cover charge, just a great time to be had!
- Saturday 3 Mar, Dinner & Auction Fundraiser at the Chincoteague Volunteer Fire Company. Doors open at 5pm. Dinner servied at 6pm. Auction begins at 7pm. Tickets are $25 per person. For tickets contact Todd Tarr at (757) 990-2082 or like our Facebook page and send a message. There will be a delicious catered meal from a local restaurant and lots of auction items to bid on. Help us make this coming year a success for all of the young athletes!!!
- Saturday 3 Mar, Shore Little League Oyster Roast - 4pm to 8pm in the Exmore town park. Oysters, Clams, North Carolina BBQ, Hamburgers, Hotdogs, Chowder, Dessert, Tea, Water, and Soda. Beer will be available for purchase. Adults are $35, children under 12 free (when accompanied by a paying adult). There will also be a silent auction and a raffle. Rain or shine!
- Sunday 4 Mar, Bingo at VFW Post 2296 in Tasley. Doors open at 1 pm, early bird games start at 2 pm.
- Sunday 4 Mar, Hollies Baptist Church, 17691 Hollies Church Road in Keller, will have a Pot Luck Lunch immediately following morning Worship at 12:15 pm. Everyone is welcome!
You can add to this calendar